Entries with Surname (Title)s starting with 'M'

Surname: Mee
Christian Names: Henry
Country: Australia
State or Province: QLD
City or Town: Greenbank
Service: Army
Case Notes:
MEE Henry [Harry]

Henry Mee was born 26 November, 1936, in Ireland.    He claimed on his enlistment documentation,, that he had seven years service in the Irish and then the British Army prior to enlisting in the Australian Army, 7 June, 1965, at the age of 28.  He enlisted for a term of six years but did not complete the full term, having requested "discharge at own request" and was out of the Army on 16 October 1968.   That's a total of 3 years and 4 months regular Army service and during this period of service Henry went to South Viet Nam on the 28th of February, 1966 by aircraft and was posted to Headquarters 1 Australian Task Force [HQ 1 ATF], Nui Dat.   His posting at this time was as an ECN 638 Orderly, working in an Orderly room as a Clerk.   On 7 March 1966 he was posted as a Private Rifleman ECN 757, but even with this posting change he remained as an orderly.

Mee was promoted to Lance Corporal on 25 July 1966, and according to his record of service remained as a Private on the pay scales with the reason given, "to give soldier a greater degree of authority in his extra Regimental duty as the Other Ranks Canteen Manager".   This Posting  Occurrence Report was signed by the Officer Commanding Headquarter Company 1 ATF on 25 July 1966.

From here his career and the stories related about service take a different twist.   The stories that have been reported to CPMH state he claims the following:

Three tours of duty in South Viet Nam

35 years of Army service

Served in Infantry, 5 Battalion the Royal Australian Regiment [5RAR] in Viet Nam

He was a Sergeant in Viet Nam with 5 RAR

He was in 11 platoon, Delta Company, 6 RAR at the Battle of Long Tan

The awards and decorations he claims [and wears] can be seen in his photograph on this site entry.  These awards are:

The Infantry Combat badge.....no entitlement

Medal of Service [Congo]....no entitlement

UN Medal [Cyprus]....no entitlement

The Australian Active Service Medal....entitled

The Viet Nam Campaign Medal....entitled

The Vietnamese Campaign Medal...entitled

CPMH has confirmed the above entitlements/non entitlements to awards.

On 20 November 1966 Mee was charged with "Improper possession of a 9mm Browning Pistol".   This charge resulted in his reduction from Lance Corporal back to Private and saw him perform 21 days field punishment with 21 days loss of pay.   From here it appears he was posted back to Sydney where he did go to 5 RAR, as an Orderly Room Clerk, not a rifleman serving in Viet Nam with the battalion.   This has been confirmed with 5 RAR.    From here he was attached to 1 Recruit Training Battalion [1RTB], Kapooka, as a Regimental Duty NCO with the rank of Temporary Corporal.   Things should have been on the up for Mee, however he chose to go AWOL from 19 to 21 August 1968 and received a severe reprimand and a fine of $40.   Did this lead to his requesting discharge from the ARA on 16 October 1968?

After discharge from the ARA, Mee enlisted in the Citizens Military Forces [CMF] for two years in 19 Royal New South Wales Regiment [RNSWR] on 17 February 1969 and was made a Temporary Sergeant with the service number of 2266955.  This was later reverted back to his Regular Army service number.   This service was terminated with his discharge on 12 August 1969.

Mee then reenlisted in the CMF from 15 September 1973 as a Temporary Corporal but was reduced to the rank of Private for going AWOL on 5 Feb 1974.

Mee finally wrote and asked for his medals for service in South Viet Nam on 18 November 1969 and stated in this letter that he had served with D & E Platoon, HQ 1 ATF while in Viet Nam.   It is duly noted that he did not serve with this unit but did receive his medals and his Returned from Active Service badge numbered 41623 on 30 January 1968.

It would appear that Henry Mee cannot resist the temptation to be in uniform and to tell stories of derring do to anyone who will listen.  He is currently on the staff of a cadet unit in South Queensland and holds the rank of Cadet Captain.    This is a community based Army cadet unit and is not affiliated with or authorised by Australian Defence cadet units.   This possibly suits the needs of Captain Henry Mee as he can wear all his medals and tell all his stories without fear of being caught out........or can he, as these pages show.

It is known that when this cadet unit parades for Anzac day Henry Mee always wears civilian clothes.   Is this because of his standing in the Greenbank R & SL  where he is a member, Welfare Officer and Vice President and if he was seen wearing all his false awards he would be quickly picked as a fraud by the genuine Veterans, especially those who have earned the right to wear the coveted ICB that Mee has on his chest.

 To sum Henry Mee up, he served in Viet Nam as a Orderly Room Clerk for his tour of duty in South Viet Nam.   He did not serve outside the wire.    The stories and unauthorised medals listed above are not indicated anywhere in his record of service [which we have] and unless Henry is prepared to complete a statutory declaration stating he is illegally wearing the medals shown in his photo and named above and is prepared to retract his fictitious stories, then the real facts will remain here on the site for eternity.

As a genuine Veteran who has bent the truth he is entitled to make this apology which will replace this story if the Veteran community is prepared to accept it.

 Henry aka “Harry” Mee returned to Viet Nam in what is believed to beOctober 2003. He was accompanied by his wife and the couple spent a few days in Vung Tau.

At this time we had friends in Saigon and Vung Tau who were always on the lookout for anything unusual. One of these friends spotted what appeared to be some interesting additions to the writings on the wall at a Vung Tau Pub and forwarded photos of them to us.  Lo and behold, here’s one that did not lead to an investigation but confirms that Henry Mee was telling untruths during his "Viet Nam Revisited" trip.

 The owner of the Pub put on a party, complete with a cake, for the happy couple because they were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary, many expats and locals gathered for the happy event.   This was 20 October 2003.

A wonderful gesture from the Pub owner but we have since discovered that Henry Mee and his wife were married in 1964, not 1963. It was not their 40th wedding anniversary.  Information recently received indicates that Henry and Mrs Mee were married on 23 September 1959.   In October 2003, they had been married for 44 years.   Further information tells us that they did not lie to the pub owner about the fact that they had been married for this length of time but they did say that 20 October was the date of their anniversary.   They left for Saigon the following day.

 This entry below on the Pub wall could not have been written by someone other than Henry,  he was positively identified as being the Henry Mee in this site exposure.

 Henry had later claimed to have been with these units mentioned, we know he wasn’t in D&E Platoon and we know he wasn’t in 5 PL, 5RAR, 1966-67.

An unfortunate aside to this is that Mrs. Pearl Mee went along with the 40th anniversary story knowing full well that it wasn’t true.

There you have it, this person even sank so low as to rip off a Pub owner in Vung Tau who has always shown a warm welcome to Veterans who visit his establishment.

This Pub owner is the same one who displayed his displeasure after catching up with Howard “H” Wilde in Saigon,see our site story on “H”. We can only hope that he doesn’t catch up with Henry in the near future.

Yet another senior member of an ex-service organisation. The Returned Services League, again. The organisation that had a newspaper article printed prior to last Anzac Day showing their willingness to remove wannabes from their ranks.

Stand at ease, rest,  Queensland RSL HQ. Read about another of your executive wannabes and thieves and wait for the next one to appear on our Cases page very soon.

Henry (Harry) Mee is or was a Vice President of Greenbank RSL Sub-Branch Inc. (Queensland) He was at July 2004.

We wonder how Harry could have been employed since at least 1983, while in receipt of a service pension, without any of the executives of this sub-branch being aware of the facts. He must have been a member of long standing to reach such an executive level.

He spent quite a bit of time and energy earlier this year trying to obtain letters of support from former HQ Company 1ATF members who served with him at Nui Dat. We have a copy of one of his "request for assistance" letters dated 9 February 2005.

He was preparing for a hearing before an Administrative Appeals Tribunal where the fate of his quest for a lifetime compensation payment (TPI) from the Dept of Veteran's affairs would be decided.

Read this report for what transpired at the Tribunal on 16 November 2005. Take special note of the report of the Repatriation Commission's Special Investigations Unit at Paragraph 21, and the results of a search warrant executed at the Mee residence.   (Bookmark us as this will take you away from our site)
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/cth/aat/2005/1131.html

This is the villain who threatened to sue us at CPMH for "attacks" on his and his wife's integrity. What integrity? Thieves don't have any.

We must pass on a "well done" to DVA. The Department will reclaim monies that they have been handing out to Henry Mee and his wife for the past 22 years. Better late than never

. 28th Jun 2011

Henry “Harry” Mee – RSL executive, liar, fraud and wannabe.

Greenbank, Returned Services League (RSL) in Greenbank, Brisbane, Queensland is another apathetic RSL that has allowed a liar, fraud, wannabe and DVA cheat to occupy a senior position. We speak of a Vice President who is also a Welfare Officer of the Greenbank RSL, Henry (Harry) Mee.

Mee has been exposed as a liar, fraud and wannabe by ANZMI and a criminal, falsely claiming a pension by the Department of Veterans affairs.  His wannabe activities are documented in previous ANZMI entries, below is an excerpt from evidence of the Australian,  Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) of the 18 November 2005:

"Mr and Mrs Mee applied for Service pension on 13 October 1981, in Victoria, on the basis of Mr Mee’s permanent unemployability. His Service pension application showed that they had no money and were paying Housing Commission rent.

After various medical checks and consultation with the Department of Social Security, Veterans’ Affairs eventually granted a service pension on 29 April 1983, with effect from 2 May 1983.

From May 1983 to date, they have continually received Service pension on the basis of Mr Mee’s permanent unemployability and completed numerous statements to the effect that neither of them have ever worked.

Veterans’ Affairs recently became aware that Mr Mee was working as a security guard for Chubb Security. Enquiries were made to Chubb and it was found that Mr Mee was working as a security guard since, at least, December 1993. Mee was working under the name of Harry James Mee and working 30 to 40 hours per week. It was also learned that Mrs Mee was working as a cleaner at Garden City Shopping centre.

On 13 August 1998 a search warrant was executed at the Mees rented home at 23 Dayana Street Marsden Q 4132. Evidence found on the premises clearly indicates that Mee has worked as a Security Guard since 1983 at least; and Pearl Mee has been employed since at least 1989.

Amongst the evidence gained by the Search Warrant were statements to Veterans Affairs under the name of Henry Mee to the effect that he had not worked for seventeen years; and statements to the State government compensation board and various employers, under the name of Harry James Mee, that he had worked for the past 16 years in the Security Industry.

I have studied the Department of Veterans’ Affairs files and the information obtained under Search Warrant and I find that:

1. Mr Mee is not and never has been Permanently Incapacitated under the Act,

2. Mr and Mrs Mee made a false statement on their original application for Service pension to the effect that Mr Mee was not working and was not capable of working, when in fact, he was employed at the time of that application and has been in employment since then, and

3. Both Mr and Mrs Mee are not entitled to payment of Service pension.

Our original exposure is dated 2004, here is a photograph of Mee taken on ANZAC Day 2009 notice that he is still wearing medals he is not entitled to wear, these are the United Nations Medals issued for service in the Congo and Cyprus.  He has also replaced the Infantry Combat Badge (ICB) with an Army Combat Badge (ACB). In addition he wears lots of trinkets and badges to promote himself as something he never was.

Despite the medals he wears, Mee was never in the British or Irish Army. In evidence to the AAT, his history prior to migrating to Australia does not include military service. Here is another excerpt from the AAT of the 18th November 2005:

• Henry Mee was born at Athlone, Republic of Ireland, on 26 November 1939.

• After leaving school he obtained a job with Dunlop in England, as an inspector of  works.

• He migrated to Australia in 1964.

Our support base consists of the majority of Australian and New Zealand Veterans.  Because of that base we have eyes and ears everywhere.  The RSL is an organisation that is supposed to provide leadership and support to Veterans.  The RSL like all organisations is reliant on the energy and moral standards of its members. It has hard working dedicated Veterans working for the betterment of fellow Veterans, conversely it has many Rats like “Harry” Mee scurrying around holding senior positions and undermining the good work of honest veterans who appear to be slipping into a minority.

The rats get into power in the RSL because it is in their nature to seek kudos and be noticed as community heroes. We have uncovered many Ex Service Leaders who are dishonest Rats who falsely pretend to be much more than they really are. It is our intention to produce a list of all those we have exposed that are/were RSL and other ex Service Organisation Rats.

Here is an example of the disgusting lies that Mee has put forward in his attempts to get a pension from DVA:

24.Mr. Mee gave an inflated history to his examining medical practitioners. In February 2000, in connection with his PTSD claim, he told Dr Matthews that while in Vietnam he had seen disembowelled women, girls raped, people blown to bits, friends killed, and a badly charred child who had been thrown into a fire by the Viet Cong and that he had dug up dead bodies (folio 97) – but in his oral evidence he resiled from those accounts. He also claimed to have come into contact with Agent Orange which he claimed was used to spray flies and mosquitoes. I regard this claim to be absurd.

Mee has been comprehensively exposed as a liar, fraud and wannabe by ANZMI, The Australian Appeals Tribunal and the Department of Veterans Affairs and yet, here he is occupying a seat of power in an RSL.  -

The Greenbank RSL brings Shame to the veteran community

This is published in the public interest, particularly that of the Vietnam Veteran Community. All information presented here is fact and the truth. Reports from the private citizens are supported by statement of fact and statutory declarations.

Surname: Meiers
Christian Names: William John
Country: Australia
State or Province: Queensland
City or Town: Wondai
Service #: 3174783
Service: CMF
Branch: Artillery
Commencement of service: 26/01/1965
Completion of service: 01/10/1971
Case Notes:

UPDATE  June 2018

Since publishing the report about William John Meiers of Wondai Queensland, we have received further information about his false claims to be a returned veteran.  Here is a clearer picture of him on ANZAC day 2018.

Meiersupdate1

More of his disgraceful lies have come to light.

Meiersupdate2

His stupidity is evidenced by his use of the term "Nam" instead of "Vietnam".  Genuine veterans never us the term "Nam".  He also claims to have been at Fire Support Base Coral,  where he fired at the enemy over "open sights at 100 yards". He was not there.

From a Facebook entry, Meiers talks about number  ‘6’ gun of 12 Field Regiment that featured in the Battle of Coral in Vietnam.  Meiers claims to have been there, but he wasn't.  He has written the word "books" in the second sentence, we assume he meant to write "gooks" which is another term never used in Vietnam.

Meiersuipdate3 Copy

Here is a shocker.  Meiers gives adoration to the Australian flag because he fought under it and his mates died under it.  He is lying sham of a man.

Meiersupdate4

Finally with great confidence in his deceit, he led the Wondai RSL Sub Branch in their ANZAC Day march.

Meiers

Since publishing our first report we have heard nothing from Meiers.  He appears to be hiding, perhaps using the skills he learned in the jungles of Vietnam.  Be assured that glorying in the kudos of being a "Returned Soldier" may expand the ego,  but Australian and New Zealand Veterans will not tolerate the stealing of their honour.

Those who do, and are caught out, will appear on this website, which has a tendency to deflate the largest of egos.

***

CASE NOTES:

William John Meiers was born on 14 April 1946 and is a "Life Subscriber" member of the Returned and Service League (RSL) in Wondai Qld. He transferred from Jimboomba Qld in 2010. On the transfer certificate, his Army Unit is listed as 15 Fd Regt (15 Field Regiment) and his Regimental number 3174782.

William Meiers

William Meiers

Meiers is wearing lots of buttons and badges as well as Vietnam service medals. His array is somewhat askew, as the medals are not in their proper order. In the photograph he has:

1. Australian Active Service Medal
2. Vietnam Medal
3. Commemoration of National Service Medal
4. Australian Defence Medal.

Medals 3 and 4 are in the wrong order. This is a bungle no genuine Returned Veteran would make. It is however, a blunder that a conniving Wannabe and Medal Cheat would do.

Because wannabes lack the experience of genuine Returned Veterans, they believe they can fool all the people all the time. Being photographed wearing false medals is not a good strategy, and it is a major factor in bringing these caitiffs to the justice of the Returned Veterans communities.

Fortunately, there are observant Returned Veterans at the Wondai RSL, who picked up on aspects of Meiers’ behaviour and his medals rack, indicating that he was not the full package.

Obviously Wondai has not succumbed to the general malaise throughout the RSL, where numbers seem to take precedence over integrity. The RSL membership requirements are being gradually eroded whereby inexperienced people are monitoring membership criterion. This decrepitude starts at the very top, where the National President of the RSL is not a Returned Veteran.